CONNECTING OUR COMMUNITY TO THE CLASSROOM
Our StarBuilders are contributing to the Greenfield Central School Foundation (GCSF) to help build resources for our schools and classrooms. Through the GCSF payroll deduction program, teachers and staff have the opportunity to automatically deduct an amount from their paychecks that fits their individual budget.
Each contribution works to sponsor educational activities, meet classroom needs, and make a difference in the lives of students. Even a small amount per employee makes a big impact!
Participation in this giving program is a tangible way for teachers and staff to demonstrate their commitment to their students and schools and tell our community, “We believe that what we are doing is making a difference and our schools are worth the investment.”
And that makes the community, businesses, parents, and students take notice – creating pride in our schools, gratitude to our teachers and staff, and inspiration to financially commit to our school system and GCSF, as well.
WHAT CAN A DOLLAR DO?
- $1 per paycheck could provide 5 SUBSCRIPTIONS TO INDIANA SOCIAL STUDIES WEEKLY for 3rd graders.
- $2 per paycheck could provide 20 BOOK TUBS FOR COUGARS AND CUBS MENTORING PROGRAM with G-CHS and 4th graders.
- $5 per paycheck could provide PRESENTATION BY PURDUE ENTOMOLOGY PROFESSOR.
- $10 per paycheck could provide STEM OUTREACH SERIES OF PROGRAMS by G-CHS students for intermediate school classes.
- $20 per paycheck could provide ANTI-BULLYING EDUCATION SUPPORT/EXPENSE FOR AUTHOR to provide classes for full day at Junior High.
WHERE DOES THE MONEY GO?
Funds raised through StarBuilders will go BACK TO OUR SCHOOLS directly impacting students, teachers and classrooms through grants, classroom experiences and special projects.
PRIZES and PERKS:
For the 2019-20 school year, “Jeans Days” will be given to teachers and staff based on percentage of participation of each school building.
- 90% – 100% participation equals 20 Jeans Days in addition to payday Fridays. Specific days chosen by building principal.
- 75% – 89% participation equals 10 Jeans Days in addition to payday Fridays. Specific days chosen by building principal.
- All participants entered by August 30, 2019 will be included in a drawing for one of TEN $25 VISA gift cards.
- and even more perks this year – see form